Back Up Forward
Interactions with Daniel Micay (strcat) - Leader of GrapheneOS, and some associates,
Silenced No More
Setting: In the DivestOS XMPP Multi-User Chat (MUC) public online chat group
Standard Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, business, events and incidents described
are the products of the authors' imaginations.
Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.
Reading anything on this website constitutes agreement to treat anything here as fiction,
whether it is or isn't.
Some of it could be true. Much of it is figments of the authors' imaginations.
It is up to the reader to decide which is which.
Table of Contents
All dates and times are in UTC time zone.
Back Up Forward
- Chapter 0: Nov 19 15:28 - Nov 22 08:32, In which risen compliments GrapheneOS, and Daniel Micay (strcat) has almost civil conversation, with others, including criticism of AOSP messaging app, and other camera apps.
- Chapter 1: Nov 22 17:15 - Nov 22 17:15 In which Daniel Micay (strcat) makes a first personal attack, and criticizes "dead AOSP apps".
- Chapter 2: Nov 26 08:12 - Nov 26 13:07 In which Daniel Micay (strcat) personally attacks risen a second time, at length while giving no evidence, and says why they are in the room where it happened.
risen attempts to reason with Daniel Micay (strcat), and fails.
- Chapter 3: Nov 26 14:54 - Nov 26 22:28 In which Daniel Micay (strcat) repeats personal attacks on risen, SkewedZeppelin and others attempt to correct the mis-statements, and Daniel Micay (strcat) threatens "an increasingly active response".
- Chapter 4: Nov 26 22:28 - Nov 26 22:45 In which Daniel Micay (strcat) makes claims of plagiarism against LineageOS and a developer, attempts to explain how Copperhead business was formed without him having a copy of a written agreement, and mentions suspicions about Wikipedia.
- Chapter 5: Nov 26 22:46 - Nov 27 02:39 In which Daniel Micay (strcat) complains about Wikipedia, Copperhead, and Calyx, gives a feeble example of a claim someone is a nazi, and explains how it is too difficult to provide good evidence.
- Chapter 6: Nov 28 18:07 - Nov 29 03:21
In which risen requests help from SkewedZeppelin the group owner, Daniel Micay (strcat) repeats personal attacks, and
raises suspicion of "feels **very** similar to a certain person on Reddit"
- Chapter 7: Nov 29 03:59 - Nov 29 05:31
In which Daniel Micay (strcat) previous Reddit suspicion is followed up by thecast and TheAnonymouseJoker (TAJ)
Romiro Romani ("Our connection is sacred,"
The Greater Reset,
Above Phone seller)
shows his true self.
- Chapter 8: Nov 29 06:23 - Nov 29 12:00
In which risen announces departure, but returns a few hours later.
strcat makes accusations of lies and libel, gives not a single example,
but repeats the same old complaints.
risen calls Bullshit.
dlnb asks strcat,
"How are you always in this drama circle tho".
- Chapter 9: Nov 29 12:00 - Nov 29 12:38
In which is discussed
How will it be resolved? More Daniel Micay (strcat) makes accusations of sockpuppets, and threats. risen has had enough from Daniel Micay (strcat).
- Chapter 10: Nov 29 14:16 - Nov 29 19:42
In which johnik criticizes "GrapheneOS approach" for only supporting phones from Google, XMPP and Matrix are briefly compared, and risen is criticized by SkewedZeppelin for using quote marks.
- Chapter 11: Nov 30 09:35 - Nov 30 12:50
In which TheAnonymouseJoker (TAJ) appears, and asks for more details on what was said about him. Micay supporters immediately call for silencing and banning. There is some discussion of transcripts availability. Micay defenders say he didn't mention the name first; in truth Micay suggested it in an obvious way, without explicitly saying it.
- Chapter 12: Nov 30 15:08 - Nov 30 19:14
In which Simple Mobile Tools is bashed by SkewedZeppelin and others.
- Chapter 13: Nov 30 20:05 - Dec 1 17:04
In which F-Droid is bashed, theanonymousjoker warns about people supporting
Google app store and criticizing F-Droid.
Crypto wallets and GrapheneOS updates are discussed.
- Chapter 14: Dec 1 17:21 - Dec 2 03:12
In which risen asks wj25czxj47bu6q if they are baiting, Tommy calls for banning TheAnonymouseJoker, and SkewedZeppelin loses patience, and tells Tommy, "Tommy you cannot deny you have been instigating it". strcat breaks a rule, risen calls it, but SkewedZeppelin lets it slide. How to get MTP working is discussed.
- Chapter 15: Dec 2 21:43 - Dec 7 11:09
In which e OS is bashed, Simple Mobile Tools is bashed, risen points out even GrapheneOS neglects some things, strcat goes off the rails again, but SkewedZeppelin was able to correctly understand risen's comment. Race and other bigotry raises its head, and Ellenor Bjornsdottir suggests having terms of service for the chat. The history of CopperheadOS and GrapheneOS are discussed.
- Chapter 16: Dec 7 17:28 - Dec 8 02:11
In which Optimumpro and Jaguar OS are bashed for "shitting on GrapheneOS", Risen contrasts DivestOS versus e,
CalyxOS, and GrapheneOS regarding non privacy respecting apps. strcat tries explaining, SkewedZeppelin sucks up a little, but mentions "the freedom aspects".
- Chapter 17: Dec 8 04:08 - Dec 8 20:53
In which strcat bashes risen and
but gives no evidence as usual. Tommy bashes risen and
iptwqvhclh asks a question, which again contrasts
DivestOS with other OS that support Google apps.
- Chapter 18: Dec 8 22:49 - Dec 8 23:07
In which there is a collection of miscellaneous DivestOS links.
- Chapter 19: Dec 9 01:29 - Dec 9 20:08
In which Daniel Micay (strcat) complains at length about Reddit, Wikipedia, others using sockpuppet accounts, Calyx, F-Droid, Hans "the lead F-Droid dev", and James Donaldson. Simple apps are bashed. risen complains about double standards and is dismissed as a "troll".
- Chapter 20: Dec 9 22:13 - Dec 10 04:01
In which e OS and Murena Phone are criticized, Daniel Micay (strcat) lies and risen says so, Tommy (Thien Tran) of TommyTran.io and
personally attacks risen, and says "technical merits" is their primary interest. SkewedZeppelin asks for rules suggestions; risen suggests following GrapheneOS forum rules (which GrapheneOS supporters are ignoring). Daniel Micay (strcat) threatens discussing "what's happening here" more publicly. swan and Luminant challenge Daniel Micay (strcat, and Daniel Micay (strcat) calls swan a liar. restive_monk also speaks up. TheAnonymouseJoker speaks up. Opinions versus "cheap shots" come up. SkewedZeppelin says, "strcat you cannot deny you came here immediately confrontational to risen instead of even reaching out to me first".
- Chapter 21: Dec 10 04:02 - Dec 11 06:37
In which risen points out personal attacks; "TAJ was already banned" and "risen had their write permission removed", SkewedZeppelin asks "can we please all stop talking about GrapheneOS here", and Daniel Micay (strcat) then talks at length about GrapheneOS requirements for working with an OEM for a secure phone...
Copyright and terms